Thursday, June 18, 2009

Scholarships

A brief bit of news today...I promise I'll follow this with actual writing.

Three days ago I received one of the greatest gifts a college student can ever receive. Money is great when you get it from a paycheck or from dividends but there really isn't anything like scholarship money. On one hand a scholarship is free money given to you to pursue your goals, and, on the other hand, it's a vote of confidence in your abilities as a student, academic, etc. After a few channels were crossed and repaired with the scholarship office I am the proud recipient of three scholarships. These scholarships should go a long way in taking the financial burden off of my family and college fund. The scholarships and their amounts are as follows:

Forrest W. And Ida J. Benson Scholarship - $1850.00
Ana Call Scholarship - $650.00
Albert Laferriere History Scholarship - $500.00

Special thanks goes to all of the scholarship sponsors and the Sonoma State Scholarship committee who, despite my numerous calls to their office, patiently assured me that I was still eligible for the scholarships despite the US postal service delaying my acceptance letter (long story).

No comments:

Post a Comment